Welcome to the South Dakota United For Hope & Recovery Homepage!
Check out the announcements on the left side of this page for new information and all the latest updates. The most urgent news and latest updates will scroll at the top of this page. More information about scrolling updates will be available in the announcements section.
The 2014 Collective Dialogue Conference will be held at the Kings Inn in Pierre, SD
You will need:
- A belief, or a desire to believe, in the power of human potential to recover a full life in contribution to the community regardless of circumstance
- A recognition of the importance of growing together as a human community toward wellness and healing in order to maximize both our individual and our collective human potential
- An openness to the idea that experiencing trauma, emotional distress, and adversity creates both challenges and opportunities.
What we’re making:
We’re building a statewide collaborative healing community to advance a working knowledge of key concepts useful in furthering social change toward healthy and inclusive communities (equality track), providing natural support for one another in times of emotional distress (true-support track), and exploring the ways in which our cultural surroundings shape our understanding of our experiences by viewing these experiences through the “lens” of Lakota oral history, teachings, and traditions (Lakota lens track).
The most important ingredient is YOU!
We want to ensure that those who would like to attend are able to. Use the contact information below to:
- Request lodging, transportation, and/or meal assistance
- Offer additional aid to accommodate more people seeking to attend
- Register to attend this FREE Conference
By phone (leave a message, we will return your call)
In person: 420 East Saint Patrick St. # 109 in Rapid City
Learn more about SD United by reading below, or kick back and listen in to hear more about who we are and what we do...
On February 20th, Jennifer Constantine was interviewed on behalf of SD United on Dakota Midday, a regular weekday South Dakota Public Radio show. Click the link below to hear a recording of the live interview.
South Dakota United for Hope & Recovery (SDUnited) is a statewide non-profit organization with IRS 501(c)3 status. Because SDUnited is peer-run, we are managed and directed by people with lived experience with mental health issues, trauma, and/or extreme/altered states. We are growing potential as we pursue improved advocacy, education, and support by and with our peers.
- We use the language of "lived experience" because we see this as the most universal description of our common, yet diverse, experiences.
- From our own lived experience, we know the importance of choice in how each person defines their experiences and we believe each person should have access to education and supports that promote informed choice and personal power.
- We believe that the people of South Dakota should have access to education and support services that have been proven most effective to promote healing, recovery, and wellness - for individuals, families, and communities.
- We believe in the POWER of PEERS! Power to heal. Power to recover. Power to influence positive change. Power to encourage, educate, and support one another, our families, and our communities. Power born of wisdom and strength. Wisdom and strength born of uniquely intense/challenging life experiences.
The SD United for Hope and Recovery Board of Directors
Announcements and Website Updates
Please check back often as we update this website with the latest programs, activities, and opportunities. The "Announcements " section on the left of this home page is the best place to find out about upcoming events and opportunities. This is also where we will announce completed website updates. Please be patient with us as we work together to perform quality updates to the SD United website. We want to do the best job we can at building a website with credible and accurate resources and information. Check out the "Connect " tab to connect with SD United on Facebook, You Tube, or Twitter. Look for more ways to connect- coming soon.