Welcome to the South Dakota United For Hope & Recovery Homepage!
The 2014 Collective Dialogue Conference will be held at the Kings Inn in Pierre, SD
Download the Conference Flyer [HERE]
The most important ingredient is YOU!
We want to ensure that those who would like to attend are able to.
- Request lodging, transportation, and/or meal assistance
- Offer additional aid to accommodate more people seeking to attend
- Register to attend this FREE Conference
Contact us today to find out more
Check it out, new tabs to learn more about who we are, what we do, and how we roll---easy menus to the left and at the top of the page!!!
Learn more about SD United by reading below, or kick back and listen in to hear more about who we are and what we do...
On February 20th, Jennifer Constantine was interviewed on behalf of SD United on Dakota Midday, a regular weekday South Dakota Public Radio show. Click the link below to hear a recording of the live interview.
South Dakota United for Hope & Recovery (SDUnited) is a statewide non-profit organization with IRS 501(c)3 status. Because SDUnited is peer-run, we are managed and directed by people with lived experience with mental health issues, trauma, and/or extreme/altered states. We are growing potential as we pursue improved advocacy, education, and support by and with our peers.
- We use the language of "lived experience" because we see this as the most universal description of our common, yet diverse, experiences.
- From our own lived experience, we know the importance of choice in how each person defines their experiences and we believe each person should have access to education and supports that promote informed choice and personal power.
- We believe that the people of South Dakota should have access to education and support services that have been proven most effective to promote healing, recovery, and wellness - for individuals, families, and communities.
- We believe in the POWER of PEERS! Power to heal. Power to recover. Power to influence positive change. Power to encourage, educate, and support one another, our families, and our communities. Power born of wisdom and strength. Wisdom and strength born of uniquely intense/challenging life experiences.
The SD United for Hope and Recovery Board of Directors
Announcements and Website Updates
Please check back often as we update this website with the latest programs, activities, and opportunities. The "Announcements " section on the left of this home page is the best place to find out about upcoming events and opportunities. This is also where we will announce completed website updates. Please be patient with us as we work together to perform quality updates to the SD United website. We want to do the best job we can at building a website with credible and accurate resources and information. Check out the "Connect " tab to connect with SD United on Facebook, You Tube, or Twitter. Look for more ways to connect- coming soon.